Mousewheel support with Flash fallback player

Q&A about the latest versions
HaraldJ

The Flash fallback player option, on the HTML5 "HTML" tab, is a feature I love, it resolves a lot of issues I had with separate Flash and HTML5 output files. Brilliant!!!

Maybe I just haven't found the right option - the one problem I have with it is that, when using the Flash fallback player, the mousewheel doesn't seem to work at all, when it's just working fine with HTML5.

Is there a way to enable mousewheel support for the Flash fallback player? I'm using Pano2VR 4.5.1 Pro.

Thanks!

Harald
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
JimWatters

This is usually a Browser issue.
I just tried a couple of mine and they worked using Flash on Firefox and Internet Explorer.
If your panos are not full-screen on a page that has a scrollbar then the browser may insist that the mousewheel is for scrolling the page.

The other thing to check is under Advanced Settings | Mouse Wheel, make sure it is not set to Disable.

What OS and Browser is causing the issue?
Can you provide a link so we can test?
HaraldJ

Hi Jim,

Thanks! I'm using Windows 8.1 x64, and have tried IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari. If I enforce Flash usage by selecting "Prefer Flash if available", the mousewheel isn't working in any of these browsers.

Examples (all "work in progress" and far from complete!) are Lincoln College and Sheldonian Theatre, where Flash is available, but not enforced, and Eynsham Lock, where Flash is the preferred option.

Best regards

Harald
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
360Texas

Using IE 8.1 64 Chrome 36.0.1985.143.m

I agree, the flash output - mouse wheel for zoom in/ zoom out appears to be disabled. You might revisit the FLASH output and see if the mouse wheel is enabled.

Not all Point HOTSPOTS are active on the map.
Marker titles not enabled

Tried the non flash pano's. Lincoln College. The instructions say to click on the map to see other areas. I only see the current view red dot on the map. There are no other red dots visually seen to click. Tried blindly clicking on the building drawing and found clicking on the roof took me to the tower view looking down into the court yard. Clicked on the dark brown brick took me to the interior dining room. In each of these views.. current view IS only the red dot on the map.

The other point hotspot red dots might be hidden due to being placed below the "hide_template" in the Skin Tree layer list.

On our panorama's we placed all the point hotspot grouped together at the top of the tree named "Hotspot".

When I click on tree list layer marker_node3 I see a red square around the location on the map.

>hotspot
nav_map
...marker_node3
......marker_title
...marker_node1
......marker_title

>hide_template
...marker_normal
...marker_active etc
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JimWatters

I am wondering if this is a Windows 8 issue. I had no problem on Windows 7 with Firefox, Chrome, and IE.
360Texas

Good thought. We are using 8.1 with the chrome browser. I found one of our panorama of a Mexico pyramid that uses a map with 2 point hotspots... and it works.. so I figured it might be a skin layer placement issue

http://360texas.com/services/izamalcity ... index.html
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com