loading bar does not disappear

Q&A about the latest versions
ErikD

I made some virtual tours where I used the default loading bar (just added a logo), and now the loading bar is not disappearing, and is still showing 100 %. The biggest problem is, when I upload it to my web (hosting) it works perfectly, but when my customer upload it to their hosting the loading bar does not disappear. I have made for them many tours and the previous work perfectly, but the two new ones does not. The hosting where it does not work runs on Windows (on Linux hosting it works). Anyone has any ideas?
Sadly I cannot show here any links, the customer is a bank, and the hosting is secured.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Does it have a loaded hide self action?
The quickest thing to do is look at the Simplex skins loader and copy the actions.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ErikD

Hi,
yes, there is the hide action. I haven't change it. It works depending on where it is saved (what hosting).
Regards,
Erik
JimWatters

Maybe a small file got missed. Or a hardcoded path.
With Firefox you can use the Developer | Web Console to see if there are any errors loading.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
I would send them a test pano with using the Simplex skin just to check you have not left some code out.
Are we talking Flash or HTML5?
Do the other panoramas work still work ok,

If it still does not hide after loaded, it may be the server, has your customer had any updates?
Have a look at this Link.
Without a link it will be difficult to help but as Jim suggests use the error console, see link.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
ErikD

Thank you both for helping.
It is a flash and html5 tour, but the flash is not loading. I have made a test tour with simplex skin a sent it them to upload it. I will know more when they reply.
Thank you,
Erik
360Texas

Be sure to ask them what browser and version number they use for their test.

Also ask them to mouse over the pano and right mouse click to see:
IF what version of Flash viewer they read on the Flash popup info box.
IF a Flash info box does not show... and the box just says "About Pano2vr"... then they are seeing an HTML5 delivered panorama.

Some browsers are not HTML5 content aware.. so they will deliver the Flash content.
IF the browser IS HTML5 content aware .. then it will display as tiles being loaded. Means that the Flash .swf was not delivered.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
ErikD

I'm able to view the tour but I cannot give the access to anyone else.

It is a flash version. I have latest Chrome and IE and the it still shows 100%. In latest Mozilla it runs very weird. It is like half fullscreen. When I click on the fullscreen button, it goes back to normal and them it works fine. It tried the console in Mozilla and here it what it showed http://www.artofreality.com/images/vp_bank.JPG. Sadly I am not a programmer, I don't really now what the means.
JimWatters

The function hideUrlBar is not defined.
The html page should contain this javascript function and it looks like it is missing.

Don't see this being the problem you are seeing.
You could compare the Mozilla console you get locally to that on the server.
ErikD

So I just got message from the customer that the tour with simplex skin works fine! I don't really understand it, but at least I know where the problem is. I'm using the same skin for about three years and until now it worked fine (maybe new version of the Pano2VR?). I will just make the skin from scratch and I hope it will work. I will get to the office to make the tour on monday, I will write here then if it worked.
Thank you all,
Erik
ErikD

So the tour with the siplex skin worked fine, but when I modified the skin (just new buttons), the loading bar still not disappear. The function hideUrlBar should be defined they just told me that they have a problem with this line:
document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].style.marginTop="1px";
from the html file so they didn't use it.
I really have no idea what could cause it...
Here is my virtual tour if it would help http://www.artofreality.com/exd/airbank.zip

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
I can not see anything that would cause a problem.
The only difference between your load bar and the simplex is your using a png file. try converting it to a jpg?
Let me know what happens.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hopki
Gnome

Also try renaming the xml file, perhaps calling it index.xml is causing an issue, but this is just a wild guess.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
ErikD

Hello Hopki,
I tried to rename the xml file and using jpg, but with no change. The loading bar still does not disappear, even I used the loading bar from the simplex skin. In Firefox it works fine, in other browsers it doesn't want to load (the tour remains black and white) or the loading bar stays there.
They told me that they didn't update their server. Since I made a lot of tours with the same template for them, and all worked fine, the only thing that changed is newer version of Pano2VR. Cannot that be it? Is anything more I can try?
Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Can you send me your project, the output folder. I can upload it to my Hopki server or GGnome server for testing.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com