Pano2VR Pro version problem

Q&A about the latest versions
GIOLETS

I have a regular 4.0 or 4.5 licence of Pano2VR Pro version and I have the following trouble:
with a quite complex tour (using n.10 8000*4000 TIF images), I have noticed that sometimes the .P2VR file is corrupted.

Opening the file I have noticed that:
1) Pano2VR crash
2) load only one or two scenes, loosing completely the html5 or flash settings.

In the file that I've attached for example it loads only the image 07, while when I've saved the file all ten images are correctly stored (and published).

Someone could please help me ? I need to resolve very soon!
Attachments
configuratore_terre_blu.p2vr
(10.47 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I can not reproduce this. Do you have Skype?
If so please e-mail in to support@ggnome.com with your Skype name.
I would like to see this as Skype will allow screen sharing.

Your p2vr file saves ok when I add more images.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
GIOLETS

Update:

I've uninstall Pano2Vr and run the cleanreg, after that I've reinstalled my Pano2VR.
I've saved my .p2vr locally on my Computer, and also load my 10 images in JPG version.

The crash events seems to gone away.

But again I've noticed that for no reason my .p2vr suddenly loose all the attached images.
This happens when I save the project, close the program and reload the project again, also if at the moment of the program exit all seems to work well.
I've noticed in PanoVR autobackup folder that the files saved have different size. For example the right ones have 18kbites and after 10 minutes the file have only 10kb. If I try to load it I've no images attached, so seems to being corrupted...
Hopki
Gnome

As a thought what is your Equirec preview size set too?
This is in the setting, images tab.
EDIT: Set it to 1024 x 512.
Does it then work?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
GIOLETS

my settings till today were 1024x512.
Now I move to 1024x768 and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Luca

Edit:

I can't set to 1024*768, only 512*256, 1024*512 , 2048*1024 , etc.

Can I know what is the rule for the autobackup of the .p2vr file? In other word can you say me when it save a copy of the file?
GIOLETS

Another update:

I can confirm that in my particular case (multiple jpg file, 8000*4000, saving the project on the PC and the images on the network), suddenly the project file become corrupted (sometimes missing the image files sometime missing oll the settings).

I can share if is needed the prject file, the skin and all the images.

I ask, as future improvement, if is possible to have a "save settings" button in order to safely store all the "flash and html5" setting.

thanks a lot.

Luca
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Luca,
I edited my post, it should of red 1024 x 512, just used to typing in 1024 x 768 :-).
I asked Thomas to take a look, he is saying try use a directory with no spaces in the name, "scene 360" subdirectory + network may cause that pain...
Please try this.
Regards,
Martin
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
GIOLETS

Thanks again for your support.

I've tried for some days your suggested tips (no spaces + all file stored locally), I've noticed thought the same problem in one case I've lost all the images data (not the settings), in another I've lost only the first one.

Trying to investigate on the reason: could be a problem related to my hard disk? (however I've problem both storing the project file on the Lan both locally...)
Make some test agan in the next days.I'll keep you informed.
JimWatters

Looks like the project file which started out as a tour, was built in the pro version, but was then opened and saved in the older standard version. Some of the needed settings were lost. Still investigating.

Starting the project over again with the new pro version would be the easiest

PS.
2200 pixel wide cube faces is more than a lot of devices can handle. I would use multiresolution output.
Attachments
configuratore_terre_blu_tour.p2vr
Updated project should work as tour.
(10.22 KiB) Downloaded 171 times