HTML5 Multiresolution vs Mobile Tab

Q&A about the latest versions
AdrianB

Hi. Can someone confirm that using the HTML5 multiresolution tab in Pano2VR 4.5.1 will still serve up small images for mobile devices (based on the screen size on the old mobile tab) so as not to crash the device with too large an image.

For instance I had good feedback from the settings on the mobile tab 1024/1024, 960/700 and 480/416 but it seems that in the jump from 4.1 to 4.5 if I want to continue to have a preview low res images load while the main images load, I have to use the multiresolution tab instead, as using the mobile only tab gives a black screen behind the loading cube faces.

It also seems that enabling the multiresolution tab overrides and settings on the mobile tab and that gets ignored and doesn't produce mobile tiles as before.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards, Adrian
JimWatters

Multiresolution and Mobile are mutually exclusive. If Multiresolution is selected it will be used and Mobile ignored.

Multiresolution is superior to mobile. It allows the small underpowered devices to still be able to zoom into all the same details as the larger more powerful devices. And by enabling Flash fallback player the same tile setting will be used for devices that do not support HTML5 but do support Flash.

Keeping the tile size to 512 or smaller will allow even the older devices to display the pano.