IE 8

Q&A about the latest versions
frodo

Hi!
I´ve a client who just contacted me telling that the panos do no work in IE8. I´ve realized that it are those created with the last version of Pano2VR.
The one created with the still in beta version do work.
Is there anything I can do about that? I this a bug? I know that I can always use the beta version I still have, as a workaround, but I want to use the latest one.

Correction: not even the one created with the beta version do work. Html5 and multiresolution. Work in Safari, FF and Chrome, but not IE8.

Thanks and regards, Fred
Roy Reed

To make sure they'll work in legacy browsers I think the best route to go is HTML5 (multi-res or not) with Flash fallback.
JimWatters

I don't have a IE8 to test on, but I do have access to a Vista machine with IE9. It just finished installing a bunch of Windows updates.
I discovered although Flash is installed and enabled IE reports that is it not. So now Flash panorama are not playing. I search Adobe and Microsoft forums for a couple hours yesterday but did not find anything to resolve the issue.

Included in the updates was a fix with a security issue with Flash that my understanding ensured that latest version was installed. Which it is. http://www.pchelpforum.com/threads/july ... es.170547/
IE11 is plays Flash and HTML5 multiresolution.
This machine that I tested IE9 and Flash may have had this problem for a long time. Internet Explorer is not the default browser on this machine.

IE9 is not capable of displaying HTML5 multiresolution but Flash should not be a problem.

In the past Flash fallback would ensure the panos work on older browsers but Microsoft has done something. :(

Are you using Flash fallback? If you now generate the project again with an older version of Pano2VR does it still work?
frodo

Hi! Thanks for your replies. Using flash fallback was my suggestion since the beginning of this project, but my client did not want to upload more files then necessary (?) since only 10% of their visitors use IE8. But suddenly yesterday they panic and realized what I had advised them before. Now they are calm again and didn't yet decided what to do. That's the way clients are :)
Anyway besides that, I still keep experimeting, because as Jim said something changed between the different versions of IE, the same as with Chrome. With older versions of chrome I could open my panos offline, now I can't. I have to do it thru P2VR or using FF or Safari.
I will keep testing.
Thanks again!