Show info dialog only on first run

Q&A about the latest versions
LondonLight.org

Hello

I noticed that people don't get that they can click-and-drag a panorama around, let alone click on door and so on to go there. I would like to show an information panel which describes the basics the first time someone opens a panorama on my website. All subsequent times I want that panel hidden (but still accessible by clicking the (i)nfo button). How can I do that?

One solution could be to use two skins, one where the info panel is visible with scale=1,1, and another where its visible with scale=0,0 so the (i) button toggles scale. Then when a user clicks on (ok) to close the info panel, a cookie gets created, and the next time a panorama loads if the cookie is found then the scale=0,0 skin would be used.
Can anyone point me to documentation describing how to do this, or some better way?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just set the information/help panel to visible in the skin.
When the panorama opens it will be visible.
Just add a close button to hide it. You can then have a button in the skin to toggle visibility to display it again.

What you can also do to add a bit more visual effect is add a rectangle, size 5000 x 5000 anchored top left. Set the colour to black and set the colours alpha to say 120.
Then add your information/help panel above this in the file tree and anchored centre. Make sure the information/help panel and rectangle are the highest things in the skin so they are forward of all other skin elements. Just make sure the close button hides the rectangle as well as the information/help panel.

I use this in many skins and refer to it as a screen tint, this is good as it takes focus away from the image and highlights the information/help panel.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
LondonLight.org

If you could take a look at my site now (updated a few hours ago) http://londonlight.org/zp/Real-Estate/H ... itchen.txt you can see I made the info panel toggle'able with an (i) button. But I would like this help panel to automatically open the first time someone visits a panorama on my site, and then to not be open by default every subsequent time. It would be far too tedious for people to have to close this help info if I had in on by default every time.
CBosch

Hi,

this is, as I understand you wish, an issue you have to solve by your website. To know if someone was already on your page you have to use cookies or coding concerning your page. That can't be handled by a pano, I think. You can use two panos and use for the first time panoA and when revisit panoB. I had the same problem, how to instruct unexperienced user (and we have them as a hotel there are plenty of user >60 years with 0 skills concerning modern pages and we have young visitors with enormous skills). I decided to announce direct above the pnao that there is a quick start guide and linked it to an anchor below where the screens, hotspots and buttons are described. At the end of that is another link back to the anchor at the pano. So user can decide. Or as I solved the issue with the background music you make a overlay when starting the pano and ask if the help (i) should be shown first oder start without that. In case without hide the overlay with the two buttons or if with hide overlay and show (i).

see our next website with the buttons function when hover over them or, because smartphones don't know "hover"

the mobil-site with buttons explained below
Have a nice day

Christian