Problems when viewed in reduced window

Q&A about the latest versions
mfox

I'm having odd issues when I try to reduce the size of the panorama so that it shares the page with other text and graphics.

Looks great on all things Mac, but on the PC side, it looks like an earthquake is occurring when viewed in Firefox, (image is jittery with large panels of the pano blacked out).

In Internet Explorer, I get no image at all, just a blank canvas, but with the hotspot floating around.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be the cause and how to correct it?

Thanks!
JimWatters

Without a project to look at it is hard to know exactly.

If you created both Flash and HTML5 output I expect you are seeing the Flash on the PC and HTML5 on Mac.

Look at what differences you have.
With Pano2VR4.5, the easy way to have both Flash and HTML5 is to generate HTML5 then on the HTML Tab set Flash Fallback Player. No need to generate a Flash output the same setting will be used.
mfox

Thanks for your reply, Jim.

Here is the panorama in question: http://test.scoe.net/rfox/hqele/miraCosta.html

And here is a link to the actual Pano2VR file: http://test.scoe.net/mfox/pano/panorama.zip

I suspect it may have something to do with the way we're embedding the panorama into a web page at a reduced size, along with some other text and links, as the panorama displays just fine in IE and Firefox when it's full size and using the html that's automatically generated.

Is there a "best practices" method of embedding a panorama into a web page? If you wouldn't mind spot-checking our html on the above miraCosta.html example, I'd appreciate any guidance on errors we might have made. Just curious as to why it works fine on everything but those two browsers on the PC side. (The Mac is viewing the Flash version just the same as the PC).

Thanks!
mfox

Never mind, got it working. Thanks for your post, Jim, as it lead me down the path to figuring this out.

Turns out we had neglected to include any of the html that embedded the Flash version of the panorama into the page's html. What threw me off was that it displays remarkably well in all the browsers we tested on the Mac even with no Flash file available, I wasn't expecting that.

Thanks again for helping to steer us in the right direction.

One side note... Pano2VR doesn't seem to publish the needed Flash fallback file on its own if I only generate HTML5. I have to first publish with a Flash version enabled before HTML5's Flash Fallback will work, since selecting only this option doesn't generate the needed .swf file. Odd.
JimWatters

There are two ways to have HTML5 with Flash fallback. This is done HTML5 Output | HTML tab using normal template.

1 - Flash fallback player
The exact same skin and files are used for Flash as with HTML5
If the skin is complicated and need to have differences between HTML5 and Flash this can be done in the skin editor | Properties | Advanced
A generic object2vr_player.swf file will be copied to your output folder.

2 - Flash fallback file
Create a separate Flash output and select it here. Entirely different skin and files can be used if necessary.
The Flash file must be created separately.

If both Flash fallback player and a Flash fallback file are enabled then the Flash fallback file will be used.