transitions between panoramas

Q&A about the latest versions
rdsinform

Please, I need help setting up transitions between panoramas with zoom using hotspots.

Thank you.

Rogério
Roy Reed

In Flash Output click on the Visuals tab, tick Enable transitions, choose Transition Type (and change other settings - including Zoom - if required). That's it.

I don't think there are transitions available in HTML5 output yet (I don't have the Pro version so it might be there) - which is why I'm sticking with Flash output with HTML5 fallback for the time being.
360Texas

We have Pano2vr Pro. Transitions are only available in Flash. Pano2vr Pro - HTML5 does not have transitions either.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
rdsinform

thank you, my version is not pro yet, but anyway thanks
MPiantoni

Hello Gnomes,

first of all I’d like to congratulate with you all for this piece of software you’ve made…it is just awesome!!
And about Hopki…he is a Master!! I read his articles in the forum like I could read the Bible of Pano2VR!! :wink:

Thanks to your help, I've done my tour and I'm quite satisfied of the overall result.
Its only weak point is the transition between the panoramas. Using the multiresolution output, while the pano is loading, I get the cube faces appearing one by one, depending to the speed of the internet connection, often having for a while some part of the screen in grey (the color I've chosen in the “Advanced Settings” window).

On this topic 360Texas says that zoom in/zoom out transitions are only available for Flash and not yet for HTML5.
The only thing I wish would be not to have the cube faces appearing one by one.

I’ve tried to add a grey rectangle with the actions Loaded-> Change Element Alpha->0 ->$self ; Reload-> Set Element Alpha-> 1-> $self
and I’ve been trying to change all the settings in the Dowload/Preview tab in the Advanced Settings window, but nothing seems to work out.

The best would be to have a blurred fade out/fade in transition, but anything would be better than how it does now.

Please can anyone tell me if there is a way to solve this issue? Any help would be really appreciated…

Thank you in advance for your support…and keep going on like this! You’re great!!

Regards,
Massimo
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Massimo,
If using HTML5 multi resolution try adjusting the quality of the preview images. To do this open the HTML5 output and under the Settings tab click on Tile Quality. The default is 25, try setting this to 15.
With smaller file sized preview images they should load faster.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
MPiantoni

Hi Hopki,

I've just tried to set to 15 the tile quality, as you said, and I can see an improvement.
The tiles load a bit faster, even if I can still see the cube faces while loading the pano, but for a short time.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Massimo
rdsinform

Hi, thank you for your attention, but I need to know the features of skin editor. For me, it is very easy to apply standard parameters for any action. I have difficulty settings for editing skins. Transitions in visual effects tab are clear, but need something further to improve the appearance of the tour.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
If you have transitions selected when using the skin you will also see the transition.
However if you need something different please let me know.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
alphap24

Hi, I found this post quite useful and because we are talking about transition i have a question for you all.

I have seen on the skin editor is possible to set a transition between panoramas (flash), but it would be possible after few seconds on spinning and inactivity to go automatically back to a specific panorama, and if yes from where I should set this action?

Hope someone can clarify this topic
Thanks
360Texas

Not sure this answers your question but...

Flash still does transition fade etc to "next panorama" .
HTML5.. the "next panorama' call results in a 'blink' to next panorama.

Either way, flash or HTML5 "Goto next panorama" goes to the specified panorama.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
alphap24

Thank 360Teexas, but I when I said to go to a specific panorama, I mean to a panorama which is not just the following one.. In my case for example I got a panorama which is a kind of an intro of all the tour,and I would like to go back to that one every time people stop using the Pano
Someone have the answer to that :?
360Texas

Ah, you mean like click a specific button and "return to start or in our case gallery". Button can point to any URL.

Click any of these to start the tour. When finished with that particular tour... click the red X button to return to our gallery.

http://360texas.com/gallery.html
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
alphap24

360Texas wrote:Ah, you mean like click a specific button and "return to start or in our case gallery". Button can point to any URL.
http://360texas.com/gallery.html
no no basically my virual tour will be used and be part of a showroom in an exibition, and as i tried to explain, every time someone have finish to play with it after few seconds of spinning (and I have worked out how to do that), should go back automatically without clicking anywhere to the starting panorama..
I know how to set my panotour switch randomly between all the trours, but not how to set it to go back to the main one without any external interaction
JimWatters

This is something that can be done much easier with the upcoming version 5

You should be able to add a listening function to the html page that after a period of time of no activity set the current node to be the first node.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1984 ... e-move-etc

If you enable Output | HTML5 | HTML | Direct Node Access, You can change the current node using.
pano.openNext('{node0}');