Image cache location not working in iMac

Q&A about the latest versions
cesarp

After upgrading to version 4.5.0 I've been experiencing a very slow performance of Pano2VR, apparently the image cache location is not being recognized. I pointed to different folders in different external HD's and even in the system HD but they remain empty while the program is running.

I work on an iMac with the latest Mavericks OS. I hope there is a simple explanation/solution.

Thanks for any help
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello,

I have tested this now on Mavericks and it works for me. Did you restart Pano2VR after changing the cache location? Can you please search for the temp file. The filename always starts with ggimage_temp.
MfG, Thomas
cesarp

Hi Thomas,

Yes I restarted Pano2VR and the temp file appears to be Ok, both the path and the name are correct.

I´m confused about this issue because I had never paid attention to the scratch folder while the software is running.
A simple question: are the temporary files visible in this folder while Pano2VR is rendering? When I use “get info” while a project is being rendered the system says the folder is empy. I don’t know if this is the normal situation. I updated to version 4.5.1 and nothing has changed.