Video icon instead of video preview. Possible?

Q&A about the latest versions
theshawman

Hello

I've added a video to my panoramic, but I don't want it to show the video preview. Instead, I'd like it to show a video icon. When the the video icon is clicked it should expand and plays the clip. Is this possible?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Please see Issue #953.
This will also apply to the videos.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
theshawman

Thanks for the response Hopki, but I don't see any solution to that issue posted.
Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do this? Thank you for your help.
360Texas

See Change Log Report #0000953 which is unresolved.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/bt/view_all_bug_page.php

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
theshawman

I came up with a workaround. Set the video loop -1 and popout 100%. First .5 second and last .5 second of the video is just a picture of a video icon. Not the greatest workaround, but it will due for now. You can check it out here: http://aerialeyes.org/wp-content/uploads/pano/moedown/
Vitaly

The similar problem with showing popup images in panoramas. Clients want to have ability of showing pictures in panoramas.
The developers only now think to add this very important features in 5.x version.
But. as they say, it will take place not earlier than middle or even end of 2015.

I'm wondering how they could miss such a necessary functionality...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Vitaly,
Pano2VR has been able to do picture popups since the very first skin editor and videos since way back, the first outing used the text box then to make this easier was the introduction of the external loader.

The Media Editor was for pinning pictures and videos to the panorama which the media editor again made this task quite easy. What theshawman wanted was to display an icon then popup a picture on click but use the media editor which is a feature planned for V5.x. This makes sense to let the media editor handle all picture, sound and video regardless of being pinned or displayed as a popup because it ease of use.

But right now popups are easy with many posts in the user designed skins forums showing you how to do it.
The popup image can be either added to the skin or you can use the external loader which allows many pictures without effecting the skins file size. The popup can be triggered by a point hotspot giving you the icon, please see this example.
So in all fairness to the dev's this is an already easy to implement feature being made even easier.

The user designed skins is a good FREE resource and is a fantastic way to see what can be done with the skin editor. Also checkout all the tutorials and tips that cover the skin. Im sure very soon you will be a master and hopefully be able to contribute the the user designed skins forum.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Micha

Hi,

today I tried the new media editor for adding a picture - great, very easy to use. Like Vitaly I missed a little option so that instead the preview the standard photo icon is shown only. I would like to keep things simple as possible since I use Pano2VR every few months only, so it could be great if not the hotspot&skin editor is needed for this little feature. Please add a simple flag option at the media editor for this standard usage, I hope it's not so difficult to add. ;)

Ciao,
Micha
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects
Vitaly

Micha wrote: Like Vitaly I missed a little option so that instead the preview the standard photo icon is shown only. Please add a simple flag option at the media editor for this standard usage, I hope it's not so difficult to add. ;)
Micha, I did not understand you. What little option in media editor did you write about? This is EXISTING option or WISHFUL one? If I add image in media editor I only can scale this image, but I can not see no option to set icon for preview.
Micha

I sayed that I miss an option to get a standard icon like show at the media editor, it's only a wish yet.
www.simulacrum.de ... CAD and 3D visualization service for designers and architects