html5 is not working on touch devices

Q&A about the latest versions
ErikD

I have solved some problems but I'm still having this one. This tour (html5 only) http://www.artofreality.com/images/ukaz ... zen/html5/ is working great on computer. But on ipad or another tablet the buttons are not working. Some of them works if I try many times but other do now work at all. Any idea what's wrong?
360Texas

I did look at your transportation site. Good work but took almost 45 sec to 1 minute to download on our 12mbps connection. Appears you have to download ALL before looking at different pages. I am using Chrome 32 on a PC netbook. Your panorama tool bar buttons function fast. Appears that your webpage might be a pano2vr skin. Page is really a cylinder projected flat image with hotspots. I will admit my netbook cpu is probably slow too as it has minimum ram.

You mentioned " But on ipad or another tablet the buttons are not working."

Do you know which iPad and iOS and which tablet and O/s ?

I did test your other rectangle page buttons... some of them do not work quickly. Seems only page buttons that work... are the ones with the camera icon illuminated orange/yellow. Some camera buttons are not illuminated.

Sometimes folks put different browsers on their devices. It is possible those browsers are not HTML5 content aware.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

Yes, long loading ...

I also think that the content is not optimized for display on a mobile devices. Necessary to alter the tour for HTML5 multiresolution
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
JimWatters

You are using several Hotspot templates in your skin, make sure each of them has the action to open URL on click.
Mouse Click | Go To URL | $hu / $ht | $self

You may have added the action to a child instead. Example dopredu2 instead of dopredu
ErikD

the whole "transportation side" is made in Pano2VR. It is made all in skin editor. I have up improving the loading time because it is not a problem of size of the images, but with the number of them. The waiting is probably caused by the communication with the server and I cannot do anything about it.

I have here iPad mini (iOS 7) and MS Surface (Win 8.1). On both it is not working in the same way. Just the top menu is working, nothing else. When I open it on my desktop (Chrome, IE, Mozilla) it works all fine. Since it is not working exactly in the same way on different devices (ipad, surface) I expect it to be a problem not in HTML5 but in the created tour in Pano2VR.

I did optimize it for 1024x768 resolution (ipad 2) and higher. Not for phones. There are too many information on the site to fit on a small screen.

I was trying the multiresolution but with now significant impovement.
JimWatters wrote:You are using several Hotspot templates in your skin, make sure each of them has the action to open URL on click.
Mouse Click | Go To URL | $hu / $ht | $self

You may have added the action to a child instead. Example dopredu2 instead of dopredu
I'm not using many hotspot templates. Just for the arrows and that's about it. I checked it and it should be fine.

Thank you all for helping, I hope it will be figured out! The custumer wants it really to work on tablet, and I have no idea what's wrong.
Erik
360Texas

The tablet MS Surface Win 8.1 and IE 11 browser should read your Pano2vr not changed HTML5 content.

Have you changed the standard pano2vr output html5 .html or .xml page?

Dave's Axiom:
The internet operates around the world at the speed of light !
Only to be slowed by servers, routers and copper wire !
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JimWatters

It looks like you have the same ID for your Hot Spot element and the Image of the Hot Spot.
You should have a Yellow warning icon beside the ID indicating it is a duplicate.
ErikD

360Texas wrote: Have you changed the standard pano2vr output html5 .html or .xml page?
No, I have not changed anything.

JimWatters wrote:It looks like you have the same ID for your Hot Spot element and the Image of the Hot Spot.
You should have a Yellow warning icon beside the ID indicating it is a duplicate.
I did have some (about 5) hotspots with the same ID and changed them but nothing changed. Still not working.

The weird thing is when you go in menu to "techické zázemí" - "tramvajové depo" - and then you click on the picture, a photo gallery shoudl open. The hole picture has an action to open the gallery. But it works only on part of it! Just on the right side... Why?
ErikD

up. No one has any idea?

I just found out, that the elements with action which work, do not work on the whole element. How is that possible? I have an action on a picture, but it works only on a small part of it. In the menu, maybe because the elements (pictures) are small, the area where it works is so small that you cannot click on it...

I would be really greatfull if anyone could direct me to the solution. The customer asks me every other day about it. I have no idea what else to do about it.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Look for containers in the skin that could cover buttons.
Even on the desk top version I see similar behaviour, there is definitely elements in the way.

Slow loading, not surprised, I opened the web inspector and there are lots of png and jpg images loaded. I noticed a few large png files over half a MB each.
All the pictures are all in the skin, these should all be externally loaded.

I know you gave me a link to down load it but for the life of me I don't know where I put the files and the link is no longer active.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
ErikD

Hopki wrote:Hi,
Look for containers in the skin that could cover buttons.
Even on the desk top version I see similar behaviour, there is definitely elements in the way.

Slow loading, not surprised, I opened the web inspector and there are lots of png and jpg images loaded. I noticed a few large png files over half a MB each.
All the pictures are all in the skin, these should all be externally loaded.

I know you gave me a link to down load it but for the life of me I don't know where I put the files and the link is no longer active.
Regards,
Hopki
Hi Hopki,
thank you for reply.

Yes, I have buttons in containers to keep them organized. Is that a problem? I tried to put almost everything in containers. With so many elements I have in the skin, it seemed that Pano2VR worked a litter faster when I had it in containers. So should I pul everything out of containers?

Slow loading... Yes there are many large images. Some of the files are png files because I wanted to keep part of the images transparent (I tried jpg with alfa channel, but it wasn't smaller). How can I externally load the pictures? I guess that would be the sollution. I have the checkbox "externalize skin images" checked (I have czech version of Pano2VR, I don't have the exact name). What else to do?

I am uploading it again and I will send you a link.

Thank you for helping,
Erik
ErikD

Solved! Thanks to Hopki!

There were containers that needed to be hidden/deleted. It works perfektly now.

Thank you again!

Erik