Change cursor and loading time

Q&A about the latest versions
PTIre

Hi there,

I'm having trouble changing the cursor on our tour. The link to the tour is www.panotoursireland.com. I have changed the cursor back to the default one as it is online for the client but will try to describe accurately the problem!

I changed the cursor in output setting by changing the image using a jpeg resized to the specified size outlined by the guidelines. The client wants a large red arrow but it takes at least a minute to load and while loading appears as a white box.

Also, the loading speed on the tour seems to be delayed in appearing on the webpage and in the individual tiles loading. It is optimized for multiple uses (iPhone, iPad, computer etc) and we are using the multi resolution option, also.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject?

Thanks!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I am a little confused, you say cursor, do you mean Hotspot Image?
The cursor (mouse pointer) can be changed in Flash but requires png images.

Assuming you mean hotspot image how large in MB is the arrow?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
PTIre

Hi Hopki,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I changed the custom cursor image in the flash output setting to a .png file but, as the tour is playing in htm5 with a flash fallback, could this be causing a loading time? Instead of the cursor (mouse) being a red arrow it shows up as a white box while it loads for approx. 1 minute. Is there any way to ensure if shows up on entering the tour?

Jennette
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This sounds very odd, can you post your png file?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
PTIre

Here it is!
Attachments
arrow.png
arrow.png (4.3 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
PTIre

I also need some advice on a new issue I'm having. I have a mute button on the skin and it works in output for both flash and html5 and it also works in the preview in Dreamweaver but when uploaded to the website, it no longer works.
Have I missed something?
link again is www.panotoursireland.com

Thanks!!
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Add your image to the cursor.png:
cursor.png
cursor.png (2.03 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
Then load into Pano2VR.

You can also download the png file from within Pano2VR:
cursor.jpg
cursor.jpg (45.87 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
The sound button toggle states is wrong, if you keep clicking then the sound does toggle on and off. I would suggest start with the stop sound button rather then the start sound button.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com