Hotspot text box problem

Q&A about the latest versions
HaraldJ

Problem 1:

Using Pano2VR 4.5 Beta 2, I seem to have two different configurations for Hotspot text boxes:

- in the HTML5 settings / Advanced Settings, I can define how a polygon hotspot should look like
- in the Skin Editor, I can define how point hotspots should look like.

Even with exactly the same settings, the two look slightly different: Please have a look here, and hover over and around any of the point hotspots (the green "i") symbol).

Is there a way to make them look the same?

Problem 2

In the skin editor I can define actions to enable/disable elements. I can disable all point hotspots and self defined hotspots, which is great!

However, I can't find a way to disable poly hotspots. Am I missing a trick here?

What I would like to do is add a "touchscreen" button, to toggle the behaviour between pointer device and touchscreen device. It works well, but, for a pointer device switched to touchscreen, I always have both the poly- and the point hotspot showing up.

Thanks fro reading!
Harald Joergens
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, United Kingdom
HaraldJ

The problem was/is that I would like to have support for polygon hotpots on non-touch devices, and for point hotspots on touch devices.

Placing a point hotspot on top of, and in the center of a polygon hotspot works, but has an unpleasant side effect on non-touch devices: A mouseover event shows the polygon hotspot and the point hotspot text, they look slightly different, and can show up together - stacked hotspot text looks messy. What I wanted to achieve is a "clean" desktop mode for mouseover events, and a clean "touchscreen" mode that looks still clean if touchscreen mode is enabled on a device that supports mouseovers,

As a "sort of"-solution I have added a button that
- switches point hotspots on and off,
- switches the display of the polygon hotspot text on and off correspondingly.

There are two examples online. They have only a few hotspots, so it will help to click/tap on the "hand" button to see where they are: The same virtual tour (HTML5 only) with default behaviour and with my sort-of solution.

What do you think, does it make sense to you?

Thanks!
Harald Joergens
Hopki
Gnome

Why not use a floating tooltip throughout?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
HaraldJ

Thanks for your response. Floating tooltips might be an excellent idea for point tooltips, but would they make any difference to polygon hotspots? If I understand the instructions correctly, I would have to add actions for every field here I want a floating tooltip to show. There are up to 200 elements in some panoramas.

My problem is that polygon hotspots don't react to touch devices, so I use polygon- and point hotspots, and the tooltips can overlaps.
Harald Joergens