Hotspots & Navigation like Google StreetView

Q&A about the latest versions
zap

Hi

For a client project we would like to simulate the behavior of navigation like on Google Streetview
means

a) Hotspots with arrows pointing in the right direction
b) keyboard navigation (arrow up = next pano / arrow down = previous pano)

Any idea if this is possible with p2vr. I tried but can't get top of arrows pointing to the right direction, arrow keyboard navigation fails etc..)
If not with p2vr, the google guy do this, so it is possible question is how ?

Would appreciate your help or support.

Kind Regards
360 Panorama Creators http://luxmap.com
Google Trusted Photographer
360Texas

You mean "radar" I think there might be a sample project and video to download.

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Radar%3A_Point_Hotspots
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
zap

Hi
thx for the quick post,

No what I mean is the google streetview arrows to navigate between panoramas and their behaviors.

I recreated them graphically and published but can't reproduce the arrow tip pointing into the right direction.
Attachments
Google-Maps-Street-View.png
Google-Maps-Street-View.png (60.33 KiB) Viewed 9197 times
360Texas

?? you mean that when
graphic > action "mouse click" should go to "next panorama" url to display $self

Please note I am using my netbook (while waiting for my work computer to be repaired) and do not have my Pano2vr installed.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
JimWatters

Pano2Vr uses the keyboard arrow keys for panning and tilt navigation and the Shift & Ctrl as well as - & + keys for zooming.

Google Street view uses the left and right arrow keys for pan and the up and down arrows for node ahead and node behind. I can not find a way to pan up and down or zoom in and out with the keyboard with GSV nor with Google's Spheres or Views.

I think having a keyboard key to change nodes is a good thing the best choice for the up and down arrow keys is for tilt. I also think it is best to have the same basic keyboard navigation on all Pano2VR tours.

I can see where it would be nice to have the ability to add extra keyboard commands. Add feature request, Issue #1025

With Flash output it is possible to use the tab key to navigate to the hot spot and press space bar to change to that node.

Have you tried enabling 3D effect on the hot spot template?
It is possible to modify the position of the node marker as the page is rotates or tilted but I am not sure of the exact math that is needed. I believe I recall seeing something fancy like that listed in the Website Gallery on this Forum.
360Texas

When I use Street View used in Pano2vr the white chevrons move you forward/backward along the street.

When reading his comment "I mean is the google streetview arrows to navigate between panoramas and their behaviors."

I read that to indicate they are wanting to move to another street position. Hence, click the white chevron to move to the next panorama.

Regarding to the transition behavior between the 2 adjacent panoramas you see in street view.. blurred moving 1 meter or 20 meters to next panorama... That is a Google Earth Street View transition. I think the closest you will get with the blurred transition is the Pano2Vr Flash output /Visual\ tab "fade" affect.

I do not think HTML5 has transitional affect feature yet.

By clicking on the skin chevron... HTML5 would be a blink.. load next panoramas

https://ggnome.com/wiki/Flash_Output_Settings_(Pano2VR) Scroll down and find the VISUAL tab information.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
zap

Hi
Thanks 360 and Jim for your helpful comments.

Let me split my questions alike

a) Can we customize keyboard commands for panorama actions ?
If p2vr cannot, can another tool be used for ?

b) I have 4 chevrons which are hard to place when hotspot link is @ 30 degrees from view or any other non 90° angle
I guess I will have to create chevrons for each 10° in a circle and use appropriate graphics (as shadows in arrow vary).

c) transition effect: problem solved
360Texas

a) Can we customize keyboard commands for panorama actions ?
If p2vr cannot, can another tool be used for ?

a)>>>>reply that is a programmable issue.
But I know that with Pano2vr the HTML5 IE 11 universal keyboard does
< pan left ,
pan right >
up arrow ^,
down arrow,
Shift key zooms in
CRTL key zooms out
works well too.

But then we have standard pano2vr skin buttons that do same functions.

b) I have 4 chevrons which are hard to place when hotspot link is @ 30 degrees from view or any other non 90° angle
I guess I will have to create chevrons for each 10° in a circle and use appropriate graphics (as shadows in arrow vary).

b)>>>>> reply. Not sure why you think so. Since it is not practical to use the street view chevrons < or > I would think it would be better to use the graphics < and > in the skin to place actions just link to next panorama functions.

c) transition effect: problem solved

c) >>> reply. This is a community forum where resolved issues are shared. Would you please tell us how you resolved your issue ??
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

If you need an exact reproduction of the behavior of navigation like Google Street View... well, make your tour on Google Maps Views ... what's stopping you?
Currently visually simulate 3D navigation like Street View, will be extremely difficult. BUT as I remember, this is a "Subject" be on the waiting list Pano2VR

my example
https://googledrive.com/host/0Byk38rTH_ ... &noclick=0
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
zap

360Texas wrote: a)>>>>reply that is a programmable issue.

b)>>>>> reply. Not sure why you think so. Since it is not practical to use the street view chevrons < or > I would think it would be better to use the graphics < and > in the skin to place actions just link to next panorama functions.

c) >>> reply. This is a community forum where resolved issues are shared. Would you please tell us how you resolved your issue ??

@ Hi 360Texas
I appreciate your help, and that of all the other's here.
a) I'll then have to look if alternatives exist or if I can find someone who could handle this. I'll check the krpano forum seeing if that solution would suit my clients needs

b) It's not that I want to use this but this is a client mission asking me if it's possible and that's what I want to figure out..
So using the google chevron style is required pointing in the right direction to the next pano on a click.
I can handle the action event but have issues with the "pointing the arrow tip into the right direction"

c) the transition effect never was an issue and p2vr just does fine as is.

@hum@no.id
Client requires for a digital signage project the pano to be offline. Not possible with any online solution.

Thanks for any further assistance you can provide on this topic.
360Texas

Concurrent topic's have been going on with another forum member using Free OpenStreets in lieu of Googles Street View.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9282&p=36638#p36638

Maybe Open Street also supported by Pano2vr might be a good solution. They did post a link to their River panorama sample.

Ah so project must be viewed offline... linkage to maps is only available while online. Now we are back to cutting out maps for use in displaying panoramas.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com