pinned video stopped working

Q&A about the latest versions
HMS Beagle

Hello everyone,
I have encountered a problem. I have some panos with pinned videos. They were online and working well. I edited the videos and output the panos. The pinned videos work fine locally, but no longer work online? They arent even showing up in the panos. I have one pano I have not reoutput and it is still working fine. I created another project from scratch and it the same. I'm thinking p2vr is setting a wrong path to the video. I can decompile the swf, does anyone know where the path to a pinned video resides?

thanks everyone
Beagle

ps. I trashed p2vr prefs and reinstalled p2vr...same results
360Texas

as I recall all the content required for the project is located in the /OUTPUT folder. If you can't find it there it might be embedded in the flashfile.swf so you probably won't find a path to another folder.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
HMS Beagle

It's not that I can't find the output files. It's that they only work locally, once I u/l them they stop working. What I was asking was where within the swf file will I find it calling the media via a path.
Odd thing, if I output the project with "allow network access" checked, they do not work locally either.
I switched to a different video format (flv, it was mp4) and the videos showed up locally and when u/l'ed. Today when I open it…they no longer work locally again.
I was using 4.1 when it first happened, so I dumped everything and tried it with 4.0 both on mac. Same results either way.
When I view the p2vr file with a text editor, the movie file is called out as a sound, is this parameter correct?

thanks again

Beagle
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Make sure you select Externalise file and Copy File. This then puts a copy of the video in the output folder and needs to be uploaded with the other files.
Also make sure you have MP4 and WebM versions of the videos so all browsers can play them.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/