hotspots linked to sounds

Q&A about the latest versions
RobM

Hi all,
I'm digging around in the editor again, trying things that I can propose to a client.
I see we can add hotspots, area ones with a work-around to get the point hotspot effect. it seems that the area hotspots can only be linked to an external URL, is this correct?
I'd like to have hotspots in the panorama that play different sound files when moused over, would this be possible with the software as it is, or would I have to link to external files for each area hotspot?

The skin editor can contain the audio files but I don't see a direct way of addressing the area hospots from the skin editor.

Cheers, Rob.
RobM

I've been experimenting this evening on a small object pano I made and the sample Reindeer project in the tutorial section. I've ripped that up a bit and have changed the functions of the hotspot in that sample. Instead of displaying the alternate image with hotspot image file on the eyes, it displays an alternate image file that is identical to the underlying image. The hotspot I created in the hotspot creator is active and still works, playing a sound on click instead of opening an zoomed photo.

This may be a work around for what i want to do, so will have another play when I get time tomorrow :)
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Rob
You can link area hotspots by Hotspot Proxy ID to elements in the skin.

An example:
Create an area hotspot. If this is the first one it will have an ID of 1. The next will have an ID of 2 and so on.
Give it a Title, this is needed to change the mouse pointer to show it is an active area. Disable Hotspot Text Box in the Advanced settings to stop tool tips displaying. If you have area hotspots that require hotspot text boxes make them in the skin editor.

Now in the skin editor draw a container and open it. In the settings tab you will see Hotspot Proxy ID: enter the ID of the area hotspot in there, 1 for the first area hotspot.
Now give the container actions, Mouse Enter => play sound, loop1 your sound file.

Once you get the hang of using Hotspot Proxy ID's you will be able to do so much more with hotspots.

Regards
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
RobM

Thanks for the tips there.
I think the bit I was missing was that I can make a simple container in the skin editor and use that to read the hotspot proxy ID.
Going to have a play later.