Rotating Panoramas

Q&A about the latest versions
Hugh

I have a suggestion for a new function in Pano2VR.
Unfortunately it may not be worth Thomas' while implementing this, but I will suggest it anyway as I have a least one other person who would be interested.
Back in the summer of 2008 we were looking for a fresh approach for our holding slides at a forthcoming RoadShow and my Marketing Manager casually remarked that it would be good to have a spinning globe, so I used Pano2VR to create 360 "Sphere" images at one degree intervals from an Equirectangular map of the earth, then put these through a GIF animation program with each image displayed for 1/100 of a second to create my spinning globe.
Creating 360 "Sphere" images at one degree intervals was a boring and time consuming process, but I have used this technique to create animated spinning "buttons" on my web site.
(OK, so perhaps I should get out more!)
I occurred to me that something like a For/Next loop could be used to advance the "Pan" by one degree at a time (or at a user defined interval) to create the "Sphere" images as this is the laborious part.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Just to let you know I have run this past Thomas and he is looking into it.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hugh

Hello Hopki,

I don't know if my previous message to you was successful or not, but in case you have not received it, thank you very much for the information, which is encouraging, and for running the idea past Thomas.

I look forward to possible development.

Best regards, Hugh.
Hugh

Hello Hopki,

Has there been any progress with this or does Thomas think that it is not worth pursuing?

All the best, Hugh.
Hopki
Gnome

HI Hugh,
I can not say when this will be or even if it will be implemented.
At the moment as you say its possible to do, but just takes a bit of time so features that can not be done now will come first.
However once you have all your images you can drop them into Object2VR to create the animation with the added advantage of control such as spinning in different directions and zoom.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hugh

Hello Hopki,

Thank you for your reply.

I appreciate that there are priorities and that it is not always viable to add features just because it is requested,
I had not considered Object2VR and will certainly investigate.

All the best, Hugh.