Tour of Facilities

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
SFraney

Hi All, I have a tour here;

http://homepages.lboro.ac.uk/~acsf2/pan ... tudio.html

When you click the thumbnail button ( one on left ) a grid of images pops up.

Stuart
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Stuart,
Shots look good, whats your hardware set up?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
SFraney

Hi Hopki, I am using a Canon 5D with 25mm lens and a very old pano head.

Stuart
360Texas

Hmm you are quick - now getting Err 404. Page must be down for the moment
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

Seems to work fine here. Looks good
I like that thumbnail popup idea too. I was going to try a thumbnail based interface next, I might give this a go too.

Cheers, Rob
360Texas

Thanks for the followup.

I really do like the 4 x 5 thumbnail grid menu... very useful and gets the visitor to the panorama they need to see.

As an outsider looking in... is there constructive logic to the thumbnail arrangement ? Mold shop, photography ??

If I were actually visiting the site location... I would think... main entry in lobby, then walk through the photography / wet lab area, then stroll through the mold /pottery shop then walk through the ...??? back to entry/ lobby - Close the loop ??

Maybe text entries added to thumbnail menu sense of function, place and time.

I did something like this .. only using city map -

http://360texas.com/services/izamalcity/index.html

But I like your approach to helping website visitors get a feel of the work areas using a 4 x 5 thumbnail links.

Your panorama work is exceptional... did not see any stitching or lighting issue.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

I just tried a similar thumbnail idea in a test UI.
All works sweet. BUT. When viewed on the iPad the thumbs hang round a little too long once you have clicked them.

I can only think that this is to do with the change element scale function working slower than the hide element once clicked.
My test pano has this problem and I just tried this one on the iPad and it does the same.

I did a similar set but with a mouse enter/leave frame around the selected thumbnail. This gives no lag on the iPad.
360Texas

You might try revising your scale factor by 1/2 ... eg if current 0 scale to .80 change scale to only .4
Should give you the mouse over scale jump a shorter distance.. [read less ipad/iphone reaction time]
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
RobM

360Texas wrote:You might try revising your scale factor by 1/2 ... eg if current 0 scale to .80 change scale to only .4
Should give you the mouse over scale jump a shorter distance.. [read less ipad/iphone reaction time]
I used a scale of 1,05/1,05 and then return to 1/1 So only a very small scaling operation.
then I tried using a close button to actually close the thumbnail grid after the selection was made. I still saw the same problem with previous selections remaining visible for about half a second after the grid was closed.

In the end I have abandoned the image 'swell' on mouse over in favour of a border that displays around the mouse in/out thumbnail. This works with no lagging at at and therefore is ideal for a clean UI operation on both desktop and iPad.
SFraney

Hi, we ended up not using the thumbnails on the site. There is no logic to the order of them but as they are linked to directly from facilities pages;

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sota ... weave.html

there are descriptions on the link page.

Thanks for the comments, especially 360texas describing the panorama work as exceptional. I did spend a while on some of them.
360Texas

Yes I agree. Providing a narrative [read/see/remember] about the shop picture is more effective. Now you might want to add a note just above the flat panorama.. saying "click me to see more". Otherwise, you see the flat pano.. and not realize its actually interactive.

I often use all or portions of the flat pano as a clickable link to engage our rotating panoramas.

Good job.. very informative. Makes me want to fly over and see it first hand. LOLLLL please send tickets.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com