Hanging Objects

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
PhotoSpherix

I have spent the last week doing changes to my rig. I now have everything put back together. It has been a fun trip down memory lane. For over 10 years that rig has been bolted to the floor and never changed. Then on Thursday I finished the first of a project that I am working on that brought on the rig modifications.

The client wants multi-row shots of their products. The hard part is that they are Chandeliers. The only part I have left to work out is how to have the light bulbs burn(on) at the same time and how to keep the light balanced.

Multi-row hanging Chandelier

After over an hour on the final shot, plus post production, we find that the light is not perfect! I will be back to the drawing board trying to make something to test the lights for proper balance and consistency.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
BrownewellPhoto

I built a rig for a chandelier company once (the project fell through, but I learned a lot). The rig I built is an overly complex system with a lazy susan, a 1 foot piece of 4x4, and two wood circles. I bored a hole down through the middle of everything and put my wires down the hole and connected it like a normal light. That should work for you as well.

Have you tried suspending a bar then using extra long bolts to secure your light fixture to the bar? That way, you could run power in a conventional manner.

What about using LED bulbs and a battery system (probably high power watch batteries)? LED bulbs will run between $15 and $25 but pull no more than a few volts. I suspect that you'll have to use real LEDs rather than the bulbs you purchase from Lowe's only because there may be some sort of converter to convert AC to DC in the Lowe's bulbs, but I'm not sure (I know conventional bulbs can be light using AC and DC current, I haven't tried doing it to florescents. LEDs are based off DC but, like I said, I don't know about the kind that are readily bought from Lowe's).

If you stack 10-20 watch batteries, you should easily get between 25 and 50 volts, more than enough to run a few LEDs. Those should also fit in the top of the light fixture. If they don't, stack about 5 together and crudely wire (use electrical tape) to the bottom of each LED light or system and just set it in the light bulb electrical fixture.
Pat Brownewell
Brownewell Photography
http://www.360ProductPhotographer.com
PhotoSpherix

At this point the version that I am using has the object "hanging" from an inverted turntable mounted overhead. UNluckily the motor bearing is in the center of the turn table, so no luck running the power through the center shaft of the turntable. My thought was to conduit the power out of the turntable 3 or 4 ft and then do a "flip over" moving the wire out of the background on each rotation. The hard part is that if I touch the lamp, it will never be in the center again.

I enjoy table top stuff so much better!

At this point, I am still thinking through some options. Maybe I will get hit by an idea over the weekend.
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography
360Texas

My dumb comment .....

If all your lights are similar to the one you showed us... there does not appear to be any dangling crystal lobes.. just fixed lights and glass shades.

Flip the chandelier so base is mounted on your lazy susan turn table.. take your image set. This would be same mount as cars, table and others you have completed.

Before assembling the images ... flip the image set so they appear to be mounted on the ceiling.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PhotoSpherix

If I could I would. This was the first of many and they love their pendants!
PhotoSpherix
360 Product Photography