Finally broke one of the medium rotators

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
PhotoSpherix

We were on location at a museum last week and I finally broke one of our medium rotators. I knew that it would hold the weight and I knew that the object would not fall, but when the fork lift as loading the object on the rotator, I knew I was in trouble.

It is always difficult when you are mobile with a platform to deal with the changing list of shots. We had shot a few objects that day and they wanted to try one more thing. It was a c1890 Steam Engine. Not the whole boiler, but just the engine part. I thought we could try it. We have used and tested the rotator up to 1000 lbs, I didn't think this thing would exceed that weight, boy was I wrong. It makes the little fork lift out and its limit was 1500 lbs. Luckily, the rotator would still work manually, we got the shot, but I had to go back to the studio and do repairs afterwards.

All that being said, shooting at a museum is fun! They have all kinds of different things!

360 view of a steam engine

Here are a few more from the shoot.
Museum Display products in 360

I think I liked the Mastodon Skull Best
360 of fossilized Mastodon Skull

As always, feedback is welcome and encouraged
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography
360Texas

How in the world do you make the white background.. so white ? Lots of photoshop cutouts ?

The small engine does not look like it is very heavy. Lots of cast iron body weight though.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
PhotoSpherix

It might look a little bigger now.

"How in the world do you make the white background.. so white ? Lots of photoshop cutouts ?"
If I told you that, I would have to kill you!!!!

No really, it is just a matter of practice. and lots of photoshop.
PhotoSpherix
Starting a revolution in Photography
360 Product Photography