Comprehensive tour of the Coal mine.

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
Bostjan

It is still kind of "beta", but almost final: http://www.rlv.si/si/VRRLV/nacrt.html. Most of the locations were shot 400-500 m below the surface. The installed lights you can see were only very poor emergency lights, so the method of the lightpainting was needed. The project started last November and I (almost) finished it today.
There was exteme situation with coal dust and I also needed a presence of the engeneer who had controled the gas level. As the longface wall was almost at the end of the coal basin the pressure was extreme and in the time of the underground work there was also a coal-strike and four coalminers were injured. The spelunking experinece and over a decade practice in subterranena caves helped me much.
The goal of the project was e-learning, so the longface-wall, which was the widest in Evrope, was documented every 10 m. You can follow the long-face wall line from the begining to the end. There is a thin clay layer which indicates that in the past something extraordinary had happened.

:) Bostjan
Last edited by Bostjan on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
360Texas

Bostjan

Very well done. Excellent imaging under the conditions. As an E-learning project I learned alot. I always want to know how the drill worked. Now I know. Thank you
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Bostjan

Thanks Dave. I am going to remove the Coal mine as it was there only for a testing purposes. Now I need to find a solution to make it work on iPad.
Bostjan

The project is now on the permanent server and the url: http://www.rlv.si/si/VRRLV/nacrt.html :D
360Texas

Thank you Bostjan.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com