The Annual New Year's Eve Street Run

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
wigi

Here is my last job in Pano2VR (although the photos for panoramas I did over a year ago):
http://wigi.pl/images/foto/pano/ubst2009/

Regards
Witold
smooth

Good job Witold,

I only downloaded and viewed the first as the download was very, very slow.
I guess the file size is quite large.

Moving crowded scenes are most challenging and it is a credit to the amount of work you have put in. The only obvious bad things in this panorama were to my eyes the small amount of Chromatic Aberration on the people standing left of the shops and some of the roof guttering, the residual red of the coat jacket in the blue jacket wearing runners hair also the residual elbow on the woman to the right above the black beanie and a small misalignment on the wall on the building where the fellow is wearing a red and black jacket to the right of the Kantor sign.
All easy fixes once pointed out.

It also would be improved a little with a slight amount of sharpening. This could also come down to the interpolater used. Which was?

I appreciate the quality and difficulty or putting together such a scene.
Thanks for sharing and showing off your skills.

Regards, Smooth 8)
wigi

Many thanks for your comments Smooth.
smooth wrote: The only obvious bad things in this panorama were to my eyes the small amount of Chromatic Aberration on the people standing left of the shops and some of the roof guttering, the residual red of the coat jacket in the blue jacket wearing runners hair (...)
Can you show the screenshot, because I can't see it?
smooth wrote: (...) and a small misalignment on the wall on the building where the fellow is wearing a red and black jacket to the right of the Kantor sign.
I do not see a misalignment there. Here is a fragment of the original single image:

I don't intend to correct reality... ;)

Regards
Witold
smooth

Sure happy to point them out.
Sometimes we can be to close to our own projects.
wigi.jpg
wigi.jpg (113.98 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
kantor.jpg
kantor.jpg (63.71 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
Sorry, I can't see how that error is part of reality.

I didn't intend in anyway to shine a negative light on your work. I just wanted to say I enjoyed the scene and know the amount of work it requires.
I spotted a couple of things and thought if I pointed them out you could improve the scene even more.

Typically I don't bother to comment on peoples panoramas unless I'm asked. Sorry if I offended you in anyway.
I don't expect you to alter reality.

Regards, Smooth 8)
wigi

Thanks Smooth.
Can you show me (screenshot) some chromatic aberration, which you wrote at the beginning?
Recently I am probably worrying about my eyesight. :(

Reagrds
Witold
smooth

Hello Witold,

Sure, here is a screen shot before and after.
You can clearly see the red fringing on the coats.
compare_chromatic.jpg
compare_chromatic.jpg (121.59 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
When you see this chromatic aberration on white snow it stands out like a frozen drink with cordial topping (Snow Cone).
Again all the guttering you can see both red and green chromatic aberration quite clearly.
chromatic_aberration.jpg
chromatic_aberration.jpg (68.55 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
Do you adjust for Chromatic Aberration before stitching? I typically would do this in Adobe Camera Raw when processing the RAW files. But you can also use Adobe Bridge to correct .jpg's via ACR.
Another great Photoshop plug-in (or standalone) is PTLens software. Or if you have Camera/Lens that is supported DxO Pro software looks after CA very well (As I guess would a CS5 lens profile).
The sliders in ACR with "Defringe" option works great though! Zoom up to 200%+ and get to know what works best with your images.

Obviously the the power is greater with the original images when compared to some crappy low res screen shots. What I'm calling "green" is really Cyan (Blue) but is showing as a green to my eyes.
The sliders typically in software are Red/Cyan and Blue/Yellow.

Eyes - yes, they drop off as we age. Only today I when to the Optometrist. My vision is perfect from 600mm to infinity. In the last year my sight 0 - 600mm has deteriorated (Went like a switch!) :(

Regards, Smooth 8)
wigi

Hello Smooth.
These are minimal aberrations and I have not seen them before. They totally did not bother me (fortunately not just me).
Thank you for all comments.

Regards
Witold
360Texas

As Smooth suggested... you will get sharper results by correcting the Chromatic Abberation before stitching.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

Minimal?

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.
If you feel that is acceptable and you don't want the improvement that is your choice.
Just seems a pity to put all that work in and miss correcting the finer points that would bring you above the pack of average panographers.

Most likely the average laymen doesn't notice/see these things but professional photographers certainly do.
Unfortunately all fisheye lenses suffer from Chromatic Aberration in some way. Correcting it in your workflow will yield sharper, crisper scenes that even stitch easier.

If not this scene, then maybe your future scenes.

Anyway it's a nice panorama, all the best.

Regards, Smooth 8)