Stockholm Aerial panorama tour

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
snurre

I have admired the work you presented in this forum and I am very impressed! You are all relly very skillful :)

Now, I myself am still a newbie to the 360 pano techniques. Anyway, I would like to present my first serious attempt of a demo pano tour - and you will be seated at about 100 meters up in the air, because that is the type of panoramas I do. Aerial panos!
http://helivision.se/panos/sto/nybroviken.html
Feedback welcome :wink:
Enjoy!

Tomas Södergren
http://www.helivision.se
helivision logo187px.png
helivision logo187px.png (8.46 KiB) Viewed 8073 times
Mdholl

Looks great.
snurre

Thanks! :P
360Texas

Excellent presentation !

Most folks do not immediately realize how much planning and work is actually involved in a project like this. Learning to fly an RC helicopter is hard enough. (ARRRGGG even a REAL helicopter is expensive). Learning to take exceptional fisheye images from that helicopter makes the job even more difficult. Post processing of the images taken from a helicopter is tedious. THEN planning the layout and clickable hotspots is time consuming. Making the whole project work so simple for any visitor to see whole project is difficult.

I do appreciate your spectacular work. GREAT JOB !

Here is a link to one of our neighbor panorama photographer friends http://www.hawkeyemedia.com/
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
snurre

:D Gee, thanks! (Think I just grew an inch taller...)

I can confirm that doing this kind of aerial panos poses a challange, from the reasons you mentioned.

I checked out the hawkeye site. Great! Gave me some new ideas on services to offer my clients.

Greetings / Tomas
PanoFrank

These Panos ARE great. Keep up that work!

-Frank
snurre

:)
360Texas

My neighbor RC panorama photographer told me that he is able to fly for only 16 minutes on 1 full charged battery. What is your experience taking panoramas ?
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
snurre

16 minutes is very good for electrical drive heli.
With my present setup I have only 8 minutes flight time. Completing the session in 6 min, having 2 minutes marigin. Normally the mission is completed in less time, even if I shoot the same scene from three or four different altitudes.
Normal (aerial) photography tends to use more time due to the efforts of shooting from different perspectives. And for the video shooting I would love to have 15 or even 30 minutes flight time :mrgreen:
360Texas

My neighbor RC friend has a video down link to a monitor on his control box. He also has an altimeter so he can hover over 1 spot on ground at same altitude. He can see directly down while releasing the shutter for multiple image around the horizon. He also tells me about how difficult it is to stitch the images.

So I appreciate all the hard work you are doing to be so creative.

Yes, I am a licensed private single engine pilot. Helicopters ? no
Dave
Visit 360texas.com