A Couple Of Australia Day Panoramas

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
smooth

January 26th is/was Australia Day.
The National Birthday is a Public Holiday and traditionally the end of the Summer school vacation period for the kids. In my part of the country (in the bush) our town has a family day by the river. It normally has attractions for the kids, local arts and crafts as well as general public information stalls etc, it is a picnic type of day for families.

As some may remember I did a "Snake Pit" panorama at the same event in 2008 and thought if it was a nice day I would have another go at it using my newly acquired Roundshot Seitz VR Head on top a Velbon monopod with a NNR1 Panohead, it was clear a sky and 37 Degrees Celsius so off we went.

Camera: Canon 5DMKII, Lens: Tokina 10-17mm Zoom Fisheye (shaved) at 12mm (4 Shots)

Warning: Pano's have sound (prepare yourself).

http://www.smooth360.com/2010/snake_pit
3 directional sound tracks 1 background track

Also this year the Rubber Duck races were back to raise money for local charity. You sponsor a duck and should it cross the finishing line first via river current, second or third you were in the running for a prize. Just a bit of fun.

http://www.smooth360.com/2010/duck_race
1 simple background sound track

If you spot any issue's please point them out, I'm sick of looking at them. As you all know you can be too close to see the obvious sometimes.

Regards, Smooth 8)
jeroen

smooth wrote:If you spot any issue's please point them out, I'm sick of looking at them. As you all know you can be too close to see the obvious sometimes.
Not sure if it is an issue; I just noticed: When loading the panorama your tilt is let say -20 As soon as the panorama is loaded (or after a few moments) it moves fast to tilt 0. The movement was unexpected so i was a little bit "shoked".

Second; the textbox (i) is to big for your text.

Off topic; When I make a panorama I use arround 30 pictures so moving objects and people (or snakes) are always a problem; How did u mange to freeze the people :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;
Jeroen / Amersfoort / The Netherlands
smooth

jeroen wrote: Not sure if it is an issue; I just noticed: When loading the panorama your tilt is let say -20 As soon as the panorama is loaded (or after a few moments) it moves fast to tilt 0. The movement was unexpected so i was a little bit "shoked".
Yes, I should fix this. I have return to horizon on load selected.
jeroen wrote:Second; the textbox (i) is to big for your text.
Not concerned about his, but thanks for pointing it out.
jeroen wrote:Off topic; When I make a panorama I use arround 30 pictures so moving objects and people (or snakes) are always a problem; How did u mange to freeze the people :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;
Take one picture of them! Process multiple exposures and blend to get what you want out of them. Panoramas are 4 shot images each but 5 exposures are made from each so really it is 20 images each.
Tripod cap another image all to it's self.

Thanks for taking the time to view them. I was thinking the links must have been dead or something, lots of views but no comments 'till you.

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

Hi James, Yes my wife and I looked at them too. She really like the yellow duckies river float. We do something similar here in Fort Worth, on the Trinity River.

Dave and Pat
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
smooth

Thanks Dave and Pat.

Our river looks more like a creek at the moment. Big drought around here for us.
You must shoot your ducks and show me one day.

Regards, Smooth 8)
360Texas

Here is a quick look at the Trinity river. No yellow ducks there when I took that one.

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/ftw/mt.htm
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com